Installing a BAS is a smart investment for businesses looking to save money on energy costs and run an overall greener business
Building automation is exciting way to help businesses function on a day to day business. Not only can they provide energy saving tips for businesses but can provide an easy to use interface. Companies, like Advanced Control Corporation can help business owners’ control and monitor the mechanical and electrical systems in their business from one centralized location giving business owners a simplified building management system. Here we will break down the various energy savings tips that building automation systems can provide for your business. Continue reading to learn more.
Specific Energy Saving Tips for Businesses
When it comes to building automation, Advanced Control Corporation will help you understand the different aspects of the building’s mechanical and electronic systems to save energy and money. Here are a few specific ways that building automation can help your business.
Energy Saving Tips for Businesses: Lighting
- Building automation systems can ensure that the lights are turned off when they are not needed. This can help save energy and extend the lifetime of non-LED lights.
- Light occupancy sensors can work hand in hand with building automation systems because the sensors will work to know when places are occupied, or not, reducing energy cost.
- When needed, lighting upgrades can happen that will allow for new technologies such as dimming technology, LED systems while reducing the number of lights / lamps needed at one time.
Energy Saving Tips for Businesses: Heating & Cooling
- With building automation, the business will be able to establish a preventative maintenance program for the HVAC systems to make sure that air filters are changed regularly, that all parts are cleaned and working properly, repairs are fixed promptly and defective equipment is replaced.
- When needed, updates can be made to replace the old when new technologies that can move forward with the time and function correctly with the building automation system.
Energy Saving Tips for Businesses: Temperature Control
- No matter the season, a building automation system can make sure that the thermostat is set, and stays at a certain temperature, even during unoccupied times.
- Building automation will adjust thermostats automatically, per settings and can help save on cooling costs in the summer months.
- Building automation will also be able to verify energy management systems in larger buildings to make sure that set points and schedules are operating correctly, and notify owners of any errors.
Energy Saving Tips for Businesses: General
Apart from building automation, it’s important to speak with employees about the best ways to conserve energy on a daily basis. Here are a few tips related to that:
- Turn off computers, monitors, printers and copiers during non -business hours.
- Use available sunlight to light workspaces, when possible
- Replace incandescent bulbs with energy efficient bulbs
- Create a team that can promote good energy practices for the organization
Why Work with Advanced Control Corporation?
Advanced Control Corporation will work with businesses to create a building management solution that is powerful in its scope as well as scalable to adjust to fit ever-changing needs. Through the simplicity of working with ACC, your business will not only remain at the leading edge of your industry but will also give your company the ability to make sure that all operational systems are connected and communicating with key personnel.
Advanced Control Corporation strives to stay at the leading edge of new technology and works to apply this new technology to always benefit their clients. Call Advanced Control Corporation today at 954.491.6660.