Small business security systems should be a vital part of your business plan.
Is your business’ security system adequately equipped to protect building occupants, IT data, equipment and assets? If you are not sure about your security system’s ability to safeguard your enterprise, you should invest some time in studying small business security systems to determine where improvements are needed. Or you can contact Advanced Control Corporation to assess your building’s safety for you.
Having a comprehensive security system is vital to your business success and liability. If you are not familiar with the basics and benefits of small business security systems, let’s take a closer look at some you will want to familiarize yourself with:
Closed circuit TV (CCTV) surveillance can monitor and alert your mangers to an any security breach on your property. There are a wide range of CCTV options to thoroughly protect your property that include:
- Thermal Imaging Cameras- Thermal Imaging cameras can detect changes in temperature to detect if there is an intrusion on your property, even in the dark. Temperature change detection does not rely on sightings but rather on the ability to capture and read thermal conditions that are contrary to what is considered “normal.”
- Pan Tilt/Zoom Cameras – These cameras have the ability to monitor activity within your building and on your outdoor grounds at every angle. These cameras are an excellent option for blind spots and vulnerable or restricted areas that need critical surveillance.
- Fixed Cameras – Fixed cameras can be placed anywhere and are usually mounted on walls and ceilings throughout your structure. These cameras provide a clear, unobstructed view of hallways, foyers, parking garages and lots, exits, ramps, loading docks etc.
- License Plate Capture Cameras – These cameras have acute optical character recognition capability to read and capture license plate numbers. The surveillance and identification of every vehicle that enters your property will be stored in your security system and can be retrieved and used in a court of law if necessary.
- CCTV Recording Solutions – These solutions include Digital, Network and Hybrid Video recording options that monitor, record, display, organize and archive data from surveilled footage and photographic capture from your cameras. Archived data can be analyzed and assessed to determine vulnerabilities in your security format and is legally admissible as evidence in a court of law.
Small business security systems should include access control as a vital part of their security initiative. Access control involves managing access to elevators and floors within your building. It will also provide you with the following benefits:
- Employees and visitors alike will only be able to access specific areas in your building, enabling you to protect restricted areas and control transient traffic and roaming throughout your structure.
- Elevator ID card data allows access onto the elevator and specific floors or zones. Employees will only have access to their designated work areas, cafeteria, parking garage etc. as is deemed appropriate by your managers. Visitors to your building will only be able to access the area that they came to do business in.
- Everyone in your building will have access and restriction codes assigned to them.
- If there are multiple elevators in your building, they will be integrated into one seamless security system and all elevators will be monitored by surveillance cameras.
- Your system can also have override capabilities for employees who are selected to access multiple areas.
- Access control software provides multiple applications that include: elevator control functions, card code numbers, scheduling for times of the day and week and more.
Advanced Control Corporation are experts at designing and building affordable small business security systems that meet your business requirements and budget. We provide the most advanced automation products and services to secure your property. To learn more about how small business security systems can benefit you, contact Advanced Control Corporation at 954-491-6660.