Essential features that all commercial security systems should have
Does your commercial security system have what it takes to keep your facility and tenants safe? If you haven’t updated your system to incorporate the latest surveillance technology, the answer may be a resounding “No”! Commercial security systems are continually evolving, as cameras, computer systems, and security software are updated and improved. Criminals are updating their tools at a similar rate. That means that commercial security systems that were state of the art only a few short years ago may be so hopelessly outdated now that they practically invite criminals to take advantage. If you are wondering if the security measures in your commercial building need to be updated, the following checklist for commercial security systems will help you identify any problem areas that exist.
CCTV (closed circuit television) security systems are cost-effective solutions that allow even small commercial facilities to keep their tenants and premises safe. Once a network of CCTV cameras is in place, one guard can monitor an entire facility from a single location. The latest rechargeable wireless cameras can be placed in locations around facilities anywhere they are desired and synced through Wi-Fi, without having to worry about proximity to outlets or internet access. The most effective CCTV security systems for business utilize a variety of cameras to blanket the facility in protection. Available cameras include:
- Network (IP) Cameras – These cameras use internet protocol to transmit images and data over a high-speed Ethernet link, allowing users to view images in real-time from remote locations
- Fixed Position Cameras -Ideal for indoor and outdoor uses, these cameras can be mounted on walls or ceilings using telescopic mounts with adjustable swivel heads
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom Cameras – These versatile cameras virtually eliminate security system blind spots, as they allow users to adjust their positions remotely to view up-and-down, side-to-side, or zoom in for a closer look
- Thermal Imaging Cameras – Can capture footage in complete darkness and in all weather conditions by detecting temperature differences
- License Plate Capture Cameras – Keep track of vehicles in garages and parking lots optical character recognition allows these cameras to “read” the license plate numbers of vehicles
Commercial CCTV Recording Solutions
CCTV cameras work hand in hand with CCTV recording solutions that compile and save the images the cameras record.
- Digital Video Recorders (DVR) – Records video feed onto a disk drive or other memory medium in digital format, which can then be accessed remotely over the Internet
- Network Video Recorders (NVR) – Receives your facility’s video signals via your existing Network infrastructure, allows footage to be viewed on your integrated Workstation, or via the Web.
- Hybrid Video Recorders (HVR)– Provides full HD video output from the combined use of analog/IP cameras
Commercial Building Access Control Systems
Access control is an essential part of commercial security systems. Occupancy sensors, RFID scanners, and card readers are synced into building automation systems to provide an automated way to monitor, control, and restrict admission to the various areas within the facility. Your building access control system should be upgraded if it does not provide the following protections:
- Clear Audit Trail – Every attempted and accomplished opening of each door and area should be recorded, including the identity of individuals involved.
- Time and Day Restrictions – Owners should be able to monitor and restrict access to building areas according to specific designated times, days, and conditions.
- Security Risk Control – Owners should be able to terminate access rights of personnel at any time so security risks are eliminated as soon as they are identified.
Advanced Control Corporation can update your commercial security system or install a comprehensive security automation solution to ensure your facility and tenants are protected with the latest access control, CCTV digital video surveillance, and intrusion detection technology available. Since 1987, the security experts at Advanced Control Corporation have helped thousands of local building owners protect their facilities with customized commercial security automation solutions. Contact Advanced Control at 954-491-6660 to discover the peace of mind that comes from having one of our comprehensive commercial security systems protecting your premises and tenants from harm!