Building Automation-Why integrated building solutions?
The residents of a building, institutional, small businesses, a shopping center or a hospital, require a safe and comfortable work environment, as well as adequate lighting, access control to different agencies, sectors monitoring, recording and measuring power, control and information loads of faults and alarms necessary.
Moreover, the constant concern of every owner of building automation solutions is to control and reduce operating costs. Commercial office buildings consume more energy than any other building. Two thirds of all energy consumed is electricity, where the lighting, office equipment and (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) represent 90% of these expenses. The cooling and ventilation depend on the square meters, number of employees and amount of office equipment. I strongly believed that a good way to save energy without affecting the requirements of both occupants and managers is the incorporation of building automation technologies to each of the systems that compose a building. HVAC systems technology is to incorporate intelligent controllers distributed building, all operating independently, but monitored and managed by central software, therefore enable tenants to override preset building automation scheduling and HVAC systems via the internet or a touch-tone phone after business hours. What are the benefits of creating building automation?The benefits of incorporating building automation systems (HVAC systems) are:
- Continuity of operation of the subsystems, because the drivers can share information between them, while maintaining communications with the software management and information center. This architecture allows a fault to the communications network, each subsystem is kept functioning independently until it restores the network.
- Energy savings through better energy management: The requirements for air conditioning and ventilation systems are usually dimensioned for the most critical condition, which often involves maintaining air fans and drivers running at 100%, when in fact the order is variable during the day. Intelligent control of air conditioning and heating to maintain the optimal temperature and humidity, even when demand is highly variable, such as shopping malls. In these you can also achieve significant energy savings by incorporating air handling volume variable, which contain variable frequency drive motors for air. If we consider a decrease of 50% of the speed of a motor ventilation, power consumption drops to 1 / 8.
- Save labor by requiring fewer people to operate and maintain, which means higher productivity.
- Increased security by incorporating access control and surveillance through cameras and video recorders.
- Report clear, accurate and timely, for efficient management and, ultimately, greater satisfaction for the occupants.
Several manufacturers such as Schneider Electric, have a range of products and services, along with the technical capabilities of their own or join associations, to integrate all the subsystems of a building, such as air conditioning / heating-ventilation (HVAC) control lighting, power control, access control, CCTV Solutions, fire detection, monitoring of lifts, battery bank supervision, supervision of clinical gases, among others. All these systems communicate with each other using communication protocols and open standards contact Advanced Control Corporation to help you integrate your building automation system today!